Friday, December 4, 2009

The halls smelled like highschool


...body spray and hormones. I was at Galileo Academy to visit my friend Benjamin Chun's AP Programming class as a guest speaker. His students have been working with Processing, as have I.

I spoke to them about combining art and technology, being an artist, showed them documentation of my work online, and had them play with Gaze. They were into it.

I had set up a camera and a projection screen before the students came in, and when I finished presenting my work, they got to use data from a computer-vision maxpatch via OSC and implement it in a Processing sketch. I got to deliver the programmers the technical solution and they got to make the art.



And those smart, vivacious kids made cool stuff! It was special.

Photos by Benjamin Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment